Community Chest Awards for Local Causes
20th Aug 2018
Tenterden Town Council's external committee has announced the names of the 10 local organisations which will benefit from the £165,000 Community Chest fund.
The announcement, confirmed at the committee's meeting on Monday (13 August), is the final step in a detailed consultation process managed by a task group wholly made up of Tenterden residents.
The Community Chest was set aside last year for projects which would benefit, and be supported by, the community as a whole, and was from the sale of council-owned land.
These are the organisations which will be receiving Community Chest funds....
- The Tuesdays and Ruby Tuesdays - Stage and equipment. £12,000.
- Tenterden Youth Club - New floor and upgraded toilets. £8,500.
- Tenterden Social Hub - £19,000 towards a minibus, with a recommendation for further funding in addition to the Community Chest grant.
- Tenterden Primary Federation - School computers. £19,500.
- Tenterden & District Museum – WW1 Centenary exhibition. £19,250.
- Tenterden Cricket Club - New wickets and drainage. £24,000.
- Tenterden Amateur Boxing Club - Mezzanine floor. £10,582.
- St Michaels Village Hall - Kitchen. £24,000.
- St Michaels and All Angels PCC - Footpath. £8,000.
- Smallhythe Cricket Club – Clubhouse improvements. £1,750.
- 2nd Tenterden Scout Group - Site extension/car park. £18,500.
The committee also agreed that an application for a grant of £750,000 towards the major re-ordering project for St Mildred's Church should be considered outside this process but have asked the organisers of the appeal to provide further information.