A One Year Plan was on Monday, 9 August agreed at the Town Council’s internal committee meeting, providing a series of simple, achievable goals over the next 12 months.
It is the idea of recently-elected Mayor Cllr Lisa Lovelidge, who wanted the council to have some ‘quick wins’ to show clear accountability within a set timeframe, and are in addition to progressing major projects such as the Recreation Ground re-design and the upgrading of the Town Hall.
Objectives suggested for the One Year Plan include…..
- Installing a ‘Changing Places’ facility on the Recreation Ground for the benefit of disabled residents and visitors.
- Maintaining a database of landlords for Tenterden business properties.
- Investigating overnight parking in the town for campervans and motorhomes, and….
- Changing the parking outside Paydens chemists to diagonal lines to avoid vehicles overhanging the pavement.
Each of these objectives, and potential additions to the list, will be monitored at Town Council meetings to check that they are on track for delivery.
- Residents are invited to suggest additions to the One Year Plan, by contacting their local town councillor – contact details are at www.tenterdentowncouncil.gov.uk