15th Sep 2020
Tenterden Town Council was briefed last night (Monday, 14 September) on the results of a town-wide survey conducted by Our Tenterden Business Team, a platform for local businesses to discuss issues posed by the pandemic.
James Fuller, leader of the group, highlighted key results of the survey, compiled from 776 responses and which included…
- A greater social media presence, reassuring the community of safety measures and ongoing events in the town.
- More variety in the High Street, although it was accepted that this was not an immediate ‘fix’.
- Consider widening of pathways.
- A combined initiative for all parties to work together on plans for sustained growth and survival.
- More green initiatives to encourage cycling and walking – 61 percent of respondents to the survey said that walking was their preferred way of visiting the town centre.
- Explore more market stall events, and
- More events for the local community.