Town Hall repainted 003.JPG

Roads complaint referred to KCC

A complaint from local resident about heavy traffic build-up at the junction of the High Street and Recreation Ground Road, is to be referred to Kent County Council (KCC) as the roads authority.

The resident stated that the Town Council had been assured by KCC that extra traffic generated by the Tent1 housing development would not cause a problem, because the traffic lights at the junction would be re-phased. This does not appear to have happened.

He asked the Town Council to exert pressure to resolve the problem, and on Monday, 12 July the council agreed to refer his complaint to KCC.